So, I tried to make this. If you don’t want to click on that, I’ll explain. It’s a recipe for cheesy zucchini breadsticks. Looks amazing and easy. Here’s the original recipe.
- 3 cups shredded zucchini (about 3 medium)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella (or any) cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the shredded zucchini with salt to release some of its moisture. Let sit 10-15 minutes, then squeeze zucchini in a clean cheese towel to release most or all of the liquid.
- Mix zucchini, eggs and flour in a medium bowl. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and spread the zucchini mixture into a large thin rectangle.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the edges are nicely brown. Make sure it’s nice and golden on the sides and top so the crust isn’t mushy.
- Reduce the oven to 350 degrees F, sprinkle the crust with cheese and Italian seasoning, and continue baking until the cheese is just melted.
- Let cool a few minutes, then cut into sticks. Serve with marinara or ranch or garlic butter or any sauce.
So, I shredded a bunch of zucchini. I also had some yellow squash, thanks to a friend of mine. So, I put shredded that and put that in there, too. I did put some grated garlic in the mix, too. Other than that, I followed the recipe. It looked just like the picture! I pulled it out of the oven but it was stuck the foil. Now, I always use foil because easy clean up, right? Also, I oiled the shit out of that foil. But still it stuck to the foil. So, now what? Throw it out? Hell no. That’s not my way. So, instead, I made a zucchini / squash bake. It was not bad. It definitely tasted like garlic bread with cheese. I still have some of the shredded zucchini and squash left, I may try to make some little pancake patties with it. I’ll let you know how it turns out.