I have been remiss in posting lately. There are lots of reasons (excuses) for this. In the end, it boils down to the little voice in head saying bad things. But I have managed to overpower the little devil for the time being. And here I am.
So, now that I’m back, I was not at all sure what to write about. I am still not sure. I could write about how I want to go to the beach. Every year we go to the beach. But we did not go in 2012. And have no plans to go in the near future. I miss it. Even though it’s getting warm enough here. I still want to see the ocean. Maybe we can go for Christmas. The sand is the perfect place to stick my head when I don’t want to deal with life. But whining about not going to the beach seems ridiculous.
Maybe I should talk about something good. I missed the daily prompt that called for making a list. Maybe I’ll make a list of the last 5 restaurants where I have eaten. This is easy, I eat out a great deal. Today is Thursday. I did cook tonight, so I’ll start with yesterday, Wednesday.
5. Wednesday – Downtown Grill & Brewery, Knoxville TN – I dined on deep fried fish and fries (fish and chips) paired with a nut brown ale. The ale was just what I needed after a 10 hour day wrangling dogs and cats. The fish was fine, but not fantastic. It’s hard to ruin fried food. Fried batter goes with everything, right?
4. Monday – Smoky Mountain Brewery, Knoxville TN – I enjoyed a jalapeno and pineapple calzone with a tasty seasonal brew, Capricator Bock. Both were great. The calzones are always perfect there. The crust is cooked crisp and the cheese is perfectly gooey. Good stuff.
3. Sunday – Cru Bistro & Wine Bar, Knoxville Tn – Here we shared 3 small plates consisting of Calamari with Salt and Pepper Seasoned Calamari Tossed with Sweet Cherry Pepper, Toasted Garlic, Basil Pesto Sauce, Bake Brie with Hazelnut Strudel & Hot Pepper Jam Topping, Water Cracker, Tarragon Grape, and Pan Seared Scallops, Benton’s Bacon-Tomato Cream, Arugula, Toasted Baguette. Beverage wise I had a Saw Works Brown Ale. Dinner was finished with Bananas Foster Creme Brulee. It was all great and we will definitely go back.
2. Saturday – Salsarita’s, Oak Ridge – I was attending a stained glass workshop and we got super hungry. It was a quick, inexpensive place to go. It wasn’t bad. The salsa was fresh and loaded with cilantro (a favorite). Beverage – water
1. Friday – Newk’s, Knoxville TN – This was a working lunch. I had never been there before. I thought the place was a sandwich shop. But they have lots of other goodies. I had the crab bisque and 1/2 vegetarian club. It was surprisingly good. Some of the folks with me ordered salads. Those looked fantastic. They were fresh, large and full of goodies. Beverage – water, no ice.
I feel ya, sister. I miss the beach so much. I actually lived in Fort Myers for a couple of years and miss being able to smell the saltwater and go to the beach whenever I wanted. It’s my goal to get back there again – permanently – in the next 3-5 years. Hope you’re digging your way out of the winter funk that we’re all working to get out of!
We’ve talked about trying to live down there. Maybe when it’s time to retire. I hope you do get back there soon.
My name is Kev, Pleased to meet you. :).
I am regularly prone to getting visits from that ‘voice’ who keeps on saying those ‘bad things too. :(. Things are OK currently though. :).
Also, I am now ‘Following your Blog. :).